pictures of lily

..And like every minute of the day..(pt)

Sunday, December 3

Will the real Who fans please stand up??

Boston was fab. again!!!

Although disappointed in the majority of the audience deciding to take a seat during the mini-opera, Endless Wire and other various new Who songs. I felt quite alone standing as one (myself) in my particular section which was very close.
The real fans in the first 8 or 10 rows still remaining loyal and open to the new pieces...

It really bothers me, the lack of respect and almost trust in Pete's new songs.

As Pete says the songs are for "us" take them how you want, they just sing them...leaning more towards Baba.., and Won't get fooled... CSI has promoted The Who, but only the music. People now more than ever jump out of their seats for the 3 "CSI " songs... It appears incredibly amazing but also a reminder of a "media induced" surge of excitement (for the most part.) A feeling of being cheated overcomes me towards the artists in some way.

I know how proud Pete is of W&G, and with Roger announcing his favourite song being Black Widows Eyes. I can see the passion in these songs. I was able to talk to the gent. next to me about the new album.. and also Rachel's ITA. He stood with me through some of the new songs. Some moments I found him rubbing a little too close but that was ok, at least 2 of us were there and maybe one of us a little more "passionate" but it was only out of our love for The Who. Live shows create an extremely intense feeling of euphoria! But standing by The Who, a "name", and rising for the "artists" behind that name, who have enriched so many of our lives felt very, very good.

I'm proud to be proud of the artists behind the "name".

xxpicsxx

18 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Suesjoy said…

    I hear ya Lucy. I was very vocal in my enthusiasm for the Endless Wire songs...but the people around me were ho hum.
    Black Widows Eyes is one of my favorites too!
    I think that's very strange that people would come to a Who show only being enthusiastic about the 3 CSI songs (or show the most enthusiasm for those songs).
    Weird.
    So did you give that guy your #or what?
    :)

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger pictures of lily said…

    hehe.. NO!! But he knows how to find Rachels ;-) site, not number!!

    People were definately into the older Who songs but yes the CSI ones, coincidence or not, seemed to really grab the crowd..
    I know those songs always have been enormous among fans.. just still can feel maybe the younger ones have been pulled in by CSI but then Who knows (haha)
    I still think everybody should stand and HONOUR THE ROCK GOD, PT!! (at all times) RESPECT!!!!
    Btw Roger was looking fantastic.. WOW!!!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Suesjoy said…

    Well Anjoli and I stood for 99% of the show!
    How can anyone sit at a Who concert anyway????

    I've never watched CSI. I used to be a Law and Order freakazoid.
    I never watch tv anymore...

    YES I didn't want to be shallow in my review...but ROG oh man...I was hyperventilating...my GOD he looks amazing.
    Pete is looking very fit too!
    But Rog...mmmm
    NICE!!
    You didn't storm the stage and attack him Lucy??

    Did your dad enjoy the show?

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger pictures of lily said…

    Oh boy did I want to but security was tight and didn't want to embarass my dad!!! Plus kinda have to behave even in Mass. :-(

    Dad was good, think he stands a bit away from me.. (like he doesn't know me!) I get it from him though.. Oh asked about his band piccie.. 1964!! He opened for a lot of bands, but then had my sis and me and that blew his music career, but stil drums like hell in his cellar and thinks Zak is the shit!!

    Ahh.. Roger, sweet Roger. Pete looks fab. too.

    Off to bug del! Have to pop over to yours, saw the beautiful one that Stefani took of you and Anjoli. :-)
    xxxxx

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Spiny said…

    Hi Lucy, sues,
    Sounds like you guy's have had a great time at the Who shows. I have to admit to not being a huge fan, but I know good music when I hear it and the WHO are one of the greatest bands ever to come out of the UK. I know what you all mean about sitting down at a rock concert!! I dont get that at all!! You want to sit and listen to rock music...put yer headphones on and stay at home!! Get up and rock the house when you go to a show, music is about expression,,,both for the musician and the for the fans,,,,I hate it when people just sit and watch my band (Spiny Norman- by the way, I've updated my blog with a load of Spiny Photos!!), when the crowd are up and dancing it feels soooooooo much better from the bands point of view!
    Anyway, hope you are well, catch you soon
    Andy.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger pictures of lily said…

    hehe..
    I would NEVER sit a one of your shows!! I move around way too much, was born into a drummer's world (my dad) so just love rock!!
    Take care,
    Lucy
    x

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Delbut said…

    Where are you Lucy? Tried leaving a message on myspace, Says you are away! COme back soon.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Suesjoy said…

    Hi Lucy-
    Moi aussi!
    I tried to write you back...thanks for your message!
    I am feeling better, thank you.
    Take care of yourself.
    Love,
    Suesxxx

     
  • At 4:00 AM, Blogger Suesjoy said…

    Hi Lucy,
    Go see my post.
    I am not bossy or anything...
    xx

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Blogger Suesjoy said…

    um I mean the MODest Mum one.
    My panties are in a wad now...so that explains my latest post!
    (the Bush one).
    xx

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Delbut said…

    so you are expecting 10 inches ay? You should be so lucky. I bet all the blokes tell you that but when it comes to the crunch...

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger pictures of lily said…

    Tell me about it.
    Think I'm sticking with the snow for a while, seems to be bit more precise, but then sometimes can be off by an inch or two. Depends which way the storm blows..

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger grace said…

    Hi there! how are you this new year? take care xx grace

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Suesjoy said…

    Hi Lucy!
    Oh I didn't mean to forget you...I have a bunch of people left to invite.
    Have a good break!
    ;)
    Take care my dear.
    Love,
    Sue

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Suesjoy said…

    Lucy- you have been tagged woman!
    Top Five Weird Things about Lucy!!
    Hop to it!

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger pictures of lily said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Delbut said…

    come on you! write something!!

    xxxxx

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Suesjoy said…

    Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day you lovely lady you!
    xxxxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home